Sunday, April 28, 2013

Little Italy Art Walk

We had another great weekend together. Friday night we went to Filippi's for dinner (one of our favorite restaurants in Little Italy).
Saturday we slept in and then went for a run in Mission Bay. Let me rephrase that. Justin went for a run, I went for a walk/run (mostly walk). It was such a nice day out. Saturday night we went to the La Jolla Strip Club (no, it's not an actual "strip" club, it's a steak house) to watch the Bones Jone's UFC fight. We stayed up way too late Saturday night talking and watching home videos. It was so much fun.
Sunday we slept in and eventually got around to leaving the apartment. We walked around the Art Walk for a couple hours. It was a fairly nice day, but a little chilly every now and then.  I was excited to find and artist that I really liked and had affordable pictures! I had said from the beginning I didn't want the baby's room to be safari theme or animal themed for that matter. However, when I came across this artist it all changed. There are several other pictures I'd like to get, but for now I just got one. I also came across a vendor who made and sold goat cheese popsicles! Do you know how much I love goat cheese?! It sounded a bit gross but they reassured me it was good. So, I ordered a strawberry balsamic goat cheese popsicle and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Max came down last night. He got to our place at about 6:30. He treated us to dinner at Seasons 52, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants, especially since it's so close to our place. For those of you who've never been I highly recommend it. Everything on the menu is under 475 calories and the portion sizes are decent. Everything is fresh and part of the menu changes out every week (hence the "52" in the name). The main part of the menu changes every season. In other words, everything they serve is in season and fresh. After dinner we ran to Ralphs to get Golden Spoon. The three of us then went back to our place and hung out and talked until it was time for bed. It was a great and relaxing weekend.

 
 
The picture I bought for baby Gill's room and my goat cheese popsicle!
 


Just showing the picture to my new best friend ;) Justin got a new app for his phone. We've been having a lot of fun with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment