Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter weekend

I had a wonderful time camping this weekend. I left Friday around noon and stopped at Brian's to pick up Trish. I got to see Brian for almost an hour before we got back on the road. It's been a while since I've seen him, so it was really nice to get that visit in.
I hit quite a bit of traffic from the time I left Friday until the time I got to Malibu. It took me 3 hours to get to Brian and Trish's (should've taken 2) and it took Trish and I 2 hours to get to Malibu (Should've taken a little over an hour). Needless to say, my back was done by the time we got there. However, it was worth all of the traffic and back pain. Our camping spot was litterally right on the beach. Each day we woke up to a view of the ocean. There were several other families there that were part of one big group. All in all there were about 25 of us, and a few dogs; Enzo being one of them. I finally got to meet Enzo. :) He's such a cute pup and at times very well behaved.

 
 


Friday night Trish and I arrived around 6. My dad, Shelley and Danielle were already there. We had dinner and hung out around the camp fire.

Saturday the weather was beautiful. We got up pretty early and hung out for a bit in the camper. Then the girls and I decorated onesies for baby Gill. Shelley taught us how to needle felt and we were able to put our designs right onto the onesies. They turned out so cute! Danielle also got to feel baby Gill kick!! It was a great experience.



Onesies and felt flowers we made.

For lunch we went to Neptune's Net (a famous seafood place about 4 miles form our campsite). It was delicious. We later took naps and then dyed Easter eggs.


After dinner on Saturday night we made s'mores and then did something I'd never seen or heard of before! Danielle had bought wish lanterns online from thailand (they are biodegradable). They look kind of like mini hot air balloons/lanterns. It takes about two or three people to get each one up and going. They have a fuel pad you light to fill the inside of the lantern with hot air. Once there's enough hot air in the lantern you release it and it floats up. We did a test run first and it was a bit challenging with the wind. We then got a bunch of people from our camp to participate and we were able to release 6 at one time. It was truly incredible. They floated so high up and stayed lit for quite a while. They eventually burn out and float back down. Again, they are biodegradable to you don't have to worry about littering. We also released them over the ocean just to be safe.



Sunday morning we slept in a bit and contemplated going for a hike, and then it started raining :/ So, we stayed inside and made felt flowers to put onto headbands for baby Gill :) they turned out so cute. They can be seen in the picture with the onesies that was posted earlier in this blog. Grandma Kathy, Grandpa Neville, and Matthew got to the campground around 1. We hung out, played games and ate dinner around 3pm. It was so nice getting to visit with everyone. Trish and I packed up after dinner and started our journey home. Overall the weekend was just so relaxing and peaceful. We got to see quite a few dolphins and sea lions...from our beds even! I highly recommend the campsite (Thornhill Broome).



No comments:

Post a Comment