Thursday, April 11, 2013

27 Weeks!

Happy Friday! This weekend is going to be a busy one. Tonight my mom and I are flying to San Jose to drive 2 1/2 hours to Paso Robles for my cousin's bridal shower that takes place tomorrow (My cousin is pretty awesome so she's definitely worth the travel). The reason we are flying is because I need to be back by Saturday night and it's a 6 1/2 hour drive from San Diego. Paso Robles is only 3 1/2 hours from my mom's place but she is going to drive down to my place today (3 hours) to fly with me to San Jose, to rent a car and drive 2 1/2 hours to Paso Robles, get a hotel and repeat the trip back tomorrow, so that she can go with me to the baby swap meet on Sunday. I know, it sounds crazy, but that's the kind of grandma she is (not crazy, but always going that extra step). 
Side note for our baby boy when he one day reads this...know that your grandparents always went above and beyond for us :)
Baby swap meet - I've been told about this by several people. Apparently it's one of the largest baby swap meets out there. People bring everything from new things to used things. It's a great opportunity to get awesome deals. I have no idea what to really expect, but I'm pretty excited about it. I'll give an update after we attend.
 
Baby boy update:
I think we are finally over the shock of it being a boy and truthfully, we are stoked. I've been thinking of all the fun stuff we can do with a boy! I'm not excited to start the name process over, but we'll eventually make it happen.
 
This week, our baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers (we saw him suck on his toes). With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
 
How I'm doing:
My back pain has been getting worse. Sitting down is an absolute killer. Come Friday at work I'm ready to work lying on the floor. Other than that everything's been fine. I've still been working out. I've been working out with Kate on Tuesday mornings and Jeanna on Wednesday afternoons. I've been supplementing gym work outs with other work outs such as yoga and hiking. I'm hoping to get back into the gym to do weights next week. Overall I've just been listening to my body and trying to take it easy when necessary.
 


1 comment: