Friday, April 5, 2013

26 Weeks!

I'm 26 weeks today! Steve flew into San Diego last night so I'm leaving work at noon and he and I are going to hike Potato Chip Rock!! I'm very much looking forward to it. The weather should be perfect. It's overcast and a bit chilly. We are guaranteed to not get too hot! My mom, Shelley, and dad will be down later tonight. Tomorrow is my San Diego shower. My friends Mary Beth and Erin were so sweet and organized a shower with some San Diego friends. The 4D ultrasound is also tomorrow, after the shower. I can't wait!!

How our baby girl is growing:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber - what the H - E double hockey sticks is that??) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

We also have a front runner for her name! I'm not going to post it on the site as Justin wants to wait until she's out before it's definite. I'd say we are 98% sure her name is picked though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment