Monday, April 22, 2013

28 Weeks 3 days!



Well ladies and gentlemen, baby Gill and I have started the third trimester. We now have less than 12 weeks to go, pending things are on schedule (which I'm betting they probably won't be). In other news, I have 8 weeks left of work before I can go out on disability. My back has been getting worse, so I'm looking forward to not having to sit at a desk all day. I do have a make shift stand up desk they've made for me at work so I can sit or stand as I please. It's a bit of a catch 22. If I stand for too long my feet hurt, if I sit for too long my back hurts. I try to rotate in ten minute increments.

This is my make shift stand up desk.




Today I got to be the model for Sense4Baby. It's a product for high risk pregnancies. I'm not going to go into detail about what all it does, just that they needed photos for the marketing pieces. Enter me and baby Gill :) We spent most of the day in a mock hospital bed taking photos of the device on my belly. Baby Gill was quite the show pony. He seemed to be wide awake and was kicking anyone who touched my belly. It was actually pretty comical. I can't wait to see how the photos and video turned out.

How I'm doing:
Other than my back things have been moving along pretty smoothly. I have noticed I've been more tired lately, something I was hoping wouldn't happen. I kept reading that the third trimester is similar to the first in that you don't have much energy. I just had so much energy in the second trimester I didn't think it was possible to lose it. Or I was at least hoping I wouldn't lose it.

How baby Gill is growing:
By this week, our baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe going to be earlier would help both of us??? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can we see the pics and videos?

    ReplyDelete