Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Registering

This weekend my mom and Steve came down. On Sunday Steve and Justin went rock climbing (a favorite past time of mine) while my mom and I went to Babies R Us to work on my registry. Fortunately one of Justin's friends works there and she was a huge help! Nicole had also sent me a list of things to add to my registry and that also came in extremely handy. Let me back up. Friday night after work I went to Babies R Us for the first time to start my registry. I'd looked at some things online, but I hadn't done much in person. I figured I should go see what some of these things look like first hand. I walked into the store and was immediately overwhelmed. I'm used to having the convenience of pulling up the reviews on items online while I'm looking at them and searching other places for the same item to compare costs. Yes, I could do that in store on my phone, but it's just not the same. So here I am with the registry scanner/gun completely out of my element and by myself. I started scanning some things but after an hour I hadn't made much of a dent. You wouldn't believe how many different bottles, pacifiers and crib types there are to chose from. I was about 3 crib sets away from breaking down when I realized I needed to suck it up and keep at it. I was also adamant about not owning too much pink, but much to my surprise everything seemed to be either pink or blue. So, I have much more pink on my registry than I'd like. Anyway, after being there for about an hour and a half I went next store to register at Target. I was greatly disappointed with their selection, especially since everything is either cheaper on Amazon or the same price at babies r us. I wasn't there for too long before giving up and heading home.

                     Before Registering:                                                           After Registering:

 
Back to Sunday...

Sunday I had a much clearer idea of what I was doing. It became much more fun, especially having my mom with me. We also went to Joann's fabric store to pick out some materials for blankets and bibs. Another overwhelming experience. We then rushed home to meet the guys, get in our jammies and settle in to watch the Oscars! Justin and I look forward to watching them every year, so this year was no exception. I just didn't get any champagne :/
I spent Monday night finishing up adding stuff to the registry. I'm happy to say that it's pretty much done. I'm still trying to find cheaper options for things, like a glider and ottoman. I can't believe how expensive things can be. The chair I want is 500 bucks and that's not including the ottoman. The ottoman is an extra $200. I mean, you slap the name baby on something and it's like using the word wedding, everything jumps up in cost. You would think there was some unspoken fine or tax just for using the word. I'm trying to be sensible about things, but I also want these items to last. I don't want to pay $400 or $500 for a set that's going to fall apart in 9 months (like the reviews state).

No comments:

Post a Comment