Tuesday, February 12, 2013

18 Weeks!

Exciting news!!!
I felt Baby Gill move last night (and again in the middle of the night). It was amazing, and kind of weird at the same time. I was watching t.v. with Justin at about 9:35 last night and I felt four distinct movements in my lower right abdomen (that seems to be where baby G has been hanging out). It almost felt like he or she gave me a 1-2 punch with a right kick.


I then felt him or her again at 3:20am when I got up to go to the bathroom (nightly ritual). I got back in bed and Justin was awake too. We were lying there talking and all of a sudden I felt a few pops, almost like popcorn popping.


My first thought was, if real life is like womb life for this kid, he or she will be a night owl like his or her dad. My second thought was, he or she is moving around to tell me to stop talking so we can both get some sleep. Needless to say, I'd stayed awake a bit longer to see if I'd feel any more movements. I was so relieved to feel the baby. If you've been reading my posts, or if you've been talking to me, you know that's one of my biggest concerns. I'm always worried that something is wrong. Feeling the baby move gave me some reassurance. One week from today we will find out what we are having!! I can't wait. We really want both so it will be fun to see which one God has picked out for us.

Literally, as I'm typing this the little guy or girl is moving again!!! There's that popcorn feeling. No, it's not gas (that was Justin's first thought).

18 WEEK UPDATE:

Head to rump, Baby Gill is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

18 Weeks 3 Days
I've been feeling Baby Gill move all week long! It's been such an amazing experience!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/12/2013

    This is so exciting...he or she is saying "Hi there mom & dad...I'm doing great! Love you, Gma G

    ReplyDelete