Tuesday, February 19, 2013

IT'S A...

I had the results on my desk all day long and didn't peak once! I was just happy knowing that in just a short while we'd find out what we're having. I left work around 5:10 and stopped by Ralphs to pick up the cake and ice cream. Mary Beth came with me to make sure the cake didn't expose the gender. We went back to our place and waited patiently for Justin to get home from the gym. Vic, another friend from work who lives in our complex, also came over. Once Justin got home we set up the video camera and called my parents on facetime. Mary Beth and Vic were a huge help. They were in charge of holding the phones up. The anticipation was building and finally around 6:35pm we cut the cake! It was so fun using facetime. It almost felt like we were all together.



Drum roll please........


I can't tell you how shocked I was (we both were) that the inside of the cake was pink! I would have bet money that we were having a boy. Especially because I thought I saw the girl at the bakery mouth the word boy. Justin thought he saw the boy parts on the ultrasound. I'm so excited it's a girl. We didn't care which gender we were having we just really wanted to know. It was a very big surprise! I just can't describe how surprised I was. I literally thought we'd see blue on the inside of the cake. I even checked the ultrasound tech's writing to make sure Enrique, the baker, read it right. We took video of us cutting the cake and I'll post that later.

We were caught up in the moment we forgot to take a picture of the two of us with the cake! Our next endeavor...picking a name for our precious baby girl. Our baby girl, that has a nice ring to it :)

I can envision us hiking, running, playing, having tea parties (with daddy too), going to baseball games and all sorts of fun things. Oh I'm so overjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment