Friday, March 29, 2013

25 Weeks 1 Day!

I feel like I'm so close to the end yet so far away. I keep trying to remind myself to enjoy how slow this time is going because once she's here everything will change and probably fly by.

Other than my back pain I've been feeling great. Sleeping isn't too uncomfortable yet. I've been getting up about 3 times a night to use the bathroom. That's a little annoying but I usually fall right back to sleep. Someone told me my body is trying to get me used to waking up that many times a night because that's how it will be in the beginning. I'm sure it's just a myth but it makes sense. It's also getting a bit more difficult to bend over. I find myself making funny noises a lot when I do bend over, mostly to humor Justin, but also because it just seems necessary. I also thought I was going to be able to give myself pedicures up until the end. Boy was I wrong.

This week has been a little stressful as far as our personal lives go. I've realized that weddings and pregnancy can bring out the worst in people and it can also bring out the worst in you. This is supposed to be a happy time in our lives and if someone is making it miserable then that person should be treated accordingly and ignored. It was kind of a difficult decision to make, but I have to do what makes me happy. I don't want to look back on this time in my life and think man, it would have been better had I just done what ultimately made me happy. So, that's what I intend to do. I only have three months left and I intend to enjoy it as much as possible. I shouldn't be around people that stress me out, that's not good for anybody, especially the baby. It also has been making me a cranky person, and that's not me. I've been fortunate to not have any random mood swings and my hormones haven't thrown me off balance, all in all I've been a happy pregnant person, so why let one person make me unhappy? 

This weekend I'm going camping in Malibu with my dad, Shelley, Danielle, and Trish and I couldn't be more excited. I'm looking forward to a weekend away. Brian has to work this weekend so he's unable to make it and Justin is staying back to finish out his diet competition. He's doing so well and I'm so proud of him. I think it's been a long 12 weeks for him but he's made it to the end. He seriously looks better than I've ever seen him. He was going through old pictures and his old measurements last night and found out that he is smaller now than he was at 24 years old! He's going to be one hot papa :) I admire him for all the hard work he's put in. He never gave up even when things got tough. He's going to be such a good dad and role model.

How our little baby girl is growing:

Head to heels, our baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment