Thursday, March 21, 2013

24 Weeks!

Yesterday was our three year wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's already been three years!! Justin and I had dinner at the West Steakhouse in Carlsbad (we had $200 in gift cards so it seemed like the obvious choice). We had such a great time. I felt like we had just started dating (minus the awkwardness of getting to know each other) and I was so giggly the whole night. I truly love him more and more as each year passes (yes, that might sound corny but it's true). After dinner we made a pit stop at Red Robin (Justin's favorite place near our apartment. In other words...the only place that stays open "late"). We then finished up the evening watching youtube videos on the couch at home. Quite romantic ;) Here's the 24 week update!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Baby Gill has been so active everyday! I seriously wonder if she ever sleeps, or if maybe she tosses and turns and kicks and punches while she's sleeping...? Anyway, I love feeling her move, so I'm definitely not complaining.

I'm taking the day off of work tomorrow and Justin and I are going to hike Mount Woodson. Finally! I'm very excited and looking forward to it. It's 7.5 miles round trip and the summit sits at 2,855 feet. There is a 2,300 ft. elevation gain. Hopefully it won't be too tough and it will be worth the picture on Potato Chip Rock!!

24 Weeks 3 days!

1 comment: