Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Back Pain

So far I've been fortunate enough to not have any other symptoms of pregnancy. No nausea, no swelling, no bad acne, etc. However, these last couple weeks my back has been killing me...and it's only getting worse. The odd thing is it only hurts when I'm sitting down and the pain is in the center of my back, not my lower back. I don't know what to do for the pain. The other night it was so bad I thought I was going to cry. Justin came to the rescue with an ice pack and a massage. I feel like I've tried everything I'm allowed to do from laying on the floor to using ice packs, heating pads, and having Justin rub my back (lately on a nightly basis).  I would like to try Pilate's as I've been told it's really good for pregnant woman and maybe the stretching will help. There's a Pilate's studio near my apartment (well, kind of near it) so a friend from work is going to go with me next week to try it out.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/28/2013

    I really think that chiropractic is a good way to go here....
    I love it, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back pains really come with pregnancy. It's good to hear that your husband has been doing things to relieve you from them. By the way, have you tried doing specific exercises for pregnant women? They are formulated to help relieve body pains and also prepare your body for childbirth. Doing these stretching exercises regularly can produce wonders to your body, so I really hope you'd talk to your doctor and see if you can perform them. By the way, congratulations on being a mom!

    Inversion Table Reports

    ReplyDelete