Monday, June 17, 2013

36 Weeks 3 Days! and Father's Day Weekend!

Friday I hit 36 weeks (9 months pregnant) and it was my last day of work before going out on disability. On my way to work I was rear ended. Go figure right? The good news is no one was hurt, it was just a fender bender. Still, it was not a good start to the day. Thankfully the rest of the day went along smoothly.
After work Justin and I went to Scripps Beach so Justin could swim in the ocean. I however brought my comfy beach chair, a blanket and a book. I cozied up in my chair and read for about an hour while he played in the waves.

Here's my cutie pie
 

Later that night my dad, Shelley, Jared and Enzo (the dog) came down for the weekend to celebrate father's day. They stayed at an RV park nearby since we no longer have room for overnight guests at our place.
Friday night we hung out at their motorhome. Brian also came down for the weekend, but he didn't get to our place until 6:30 am Saturday (he worked overtime on Friday night). Saturday day we all played disc golf at Balboa Park. None of us had played before except for Jared. I must say it's a lot of fun, if you aren't pregnant and can actually throw a frisbee. The object of the game is to get your frisbee into the "basket". The course we played had 19 baskets. I only made it to 5 baskets before needing to stop because it was too much for me. So Shelley and I went to Target instead. We met up with the guys once they were done with their game and went to Coronado Brewing Company, 57 Degrees Wine Bar, Lucha Libre for dinner and then back to our apartment to hang out. We all passed out pretty early since we didn't get much sleep the night before and the guys had been out in the sun all day.
Sunday we took it easy. We bbq'd by the pool and then had to say goodbye to the family. Overall it was a nice and relaxing weekend.

How our baby is growing:

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce). He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, that will form the contents of his first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)

He's still head down and about ready to come out. I had my doctor's appointment today and the doctor checked my cervix to see how far dilated I was. I'm 1 cm dilated and she was able to poke the baby's head! What the heck?! She said that means he's sitting really low and getting ready to come on out. She predicts he'll be here in 2 weeks (of course it's just a prediction though). I still can't believe she was able to touch his head. No wonder my back and pelvic bones have become more sore.


Kevin and Tista came down to visit today. They took the Amtrak down from LA and got in around noon. We had lunch at Royal India in downtown San Diego and then walked around Balboa Park. It's getting more and more difficult for me to walk around for extended periods of time so we didn't spend too much time there. We took them back to our place for a couple hours until it was time for them to go back to the train station. I hadn't seen them since Christmas so it was really nice to get that one last visit in before the little guy gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment