Friday, May 24, 2013

33 Weeks and Acupuncture

I had my second acupuncture treatment on Friday, May 24th. I've opted out to do it a third time. I haven't noticed much of a difference and to be honest, the whole process is uncomfortable. The first time wasn't too bad, but this last time they used a lot more needles. Since I am pregnant I have to lay on my side as opposed to lying on my stomach. Laying in one position for 30 minutes without moving is difficult. I had needles put in my ear, head, face, hand, knee, and back. I had drifted off to sleep for a minute while lying there and my hand fell off the table. I picked it back up and forgetting that there were needles in it I slid it under my cheek. I'm sure you can imagine the discomfort there. It's also difficult to move because every move you make the needles dig further into the muscles. I know acupuncture is "supposed" to help over time, but I only have 6 weeks left. If it takes another 3 or 4 treatments (meaning another 3 - 4 weeks) to notice a difference I'd rather just wait it out.

33 Weeks. I didn't get a picture this week, but here are some fun facts on baby Gill.

How our baby's growing:

This week our baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Slowly but surely we are nearing the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment