Wednesday, May 15, 2013

31 Weeks 5 days!

I haven't been that good about blogging this past week. I also haven't taken my usual weekly photo. I've been busy working and in the evenings my back is too sore to care about doing anything else. My new working from home situation is going well. I'm able to sit where I want and how I want when my back starts to act up. I thought maybe it was okay to go back to the office, but after being in the office for just a few short hours I couldn't believe how bad my back was. It was the worst it's been yet. It makes me cranky and it's hard to focus. I'm hoping that if I continue acupuncture it will help, although they can't put the needles as low down on my back as needed because I'm pregnant. The pain has spread down to my lower back as well as my upper :/ I'm trying to keep positive through all this knowing that it's just temporary and in just a few weeks (8 1/2 to be exact) he'll be out and hopefully the pain will be gone.

How our baby boy is growing:

This week, our baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

I have definitely noticed him moving a lot more these days. They aren't soft gentle kicks either, they're more like...get me the heck out of here. I figure he's either kicking or fist pumping (you know, like dancing while fist pumping). Justin says he is not a fist pumper, nor will he be one. I still find it amusing.
I've also noticed I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions more frequently. They don't last long, but it is weird to feel my stomach tighten up so much.
We've also seen my stomach take on some different shapes. Sometimes when I'm laying down the left side of my stomach is protruded out more than the right. I'm assuming it's his little tush or elbow or something. Either way, I've been trying to enjoy all of this as much as possible.

I don't have my usual weekly photo, but here are some others:





There are other pictures but Justin hasn't had a chance to edit them yet. They'll eventually get posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment